HMBradley Credit Card Rewards Terms and Conditions
This Cash Back Rewards Program Supplement (this “Supplement”) describes the terms and conditions of the HMBradley Rewards Program (“Rewards Program”) and supplements the HMBradley Credit Card Agreement (“Card Agreement”) that governs your credit card account issued by Hatch Bank, a California industrial bank (“Card Account”). By using the Card Account, you agree to participate in the Rewards Program. Your participation is subject to the terms of the Card Agreement and this Supplement. In the event of a conflict between the Card Agreement and this Supplement for matters relating to the Rewards Program, this Supplement controls.
The Card Agreement defines the capitalized terms in this Rewards Program, unless we define the capitalized term in this Supplement. “We”, “us” and “our” refer to Hatch Bank.
- Cash Back on Purchases: Subject to the restrictions in section 4, at the end of each Billing Period (except the first Billing Period) you will earn cash rewards on purchases using your Card Account as follows:
- Top Category – 3% You can earn 3% cash rewards on purchases made in your top merchant category. We allocate your Card Account purchases to merchant categories every Billing Period and select the merchant category in which you spent most that Billing Period ("Top Category"). At the end of the Billing Period, we calculate your cash rewards by multiplying the amount of Credit Card purchases in your Top Category by 3%.
- Second Category – 2% You can earn 2% cash rewards on purchases made in your second merchant category. We allocate your Card Account purchases to merchant categories every Billing Period and select the merchant category in which you spent the second most amount that Billing Period ("Second Category"). At the end of the Billing Period, we calculate your cash rewards by multiplying the amount of Credit Card purchases in your Second Category by 2%.
- Other Purchases – 1% For purchases in all other merchant categories, you can earn 1% cash rewards. At the end of the Billing Period, we determine your cash rewards by multiplying the amount of purchases that are not in the Top Category or Second Category by 1%. The cash rewards earned in the first Billing Period will be available at the end of your second Billing Period, subject to the restrictions in section 4.
- Merchant Categories: Merchants who accept MasterCard or Visa credit cards are assigned a merchant code, which is determined by the merchant or its processor based on the kinds of products and services they primarily sell. We and our service providers group similar merchant codes into Categories at our sole discretion. These Categories, which are subject to change without notice, are published on our website at www.hmbradley.com/merchant-categories and are updated from time to time. We make every effort to include all relevant merchant codes in the appropriate Category. However,
- Even though a merchant or the items that it sells may appear to fit a Category, the merchant may not have or use a merchant code in that Category. When this occurs, purchases with that merchant WILL NOT qualify for that Category.
- A merchant with more than one location may submit purchases using different merchant codes. This means that purchases from the same merchant at a different location may fall in different Categories.
- Purchases submitted by you, an authorized user, or the merchant through third-party payment accounts, mobile or wireless card readers, online or mobile digital wallets, or similar technology will not qualify for a particular Category if the technology is not set up to process the purchase in that Category.
- Redeeming Cash Rewards: Visit www.hmbradley.com to redeem your cash rewards. You may redeem your cash rewards in any of the following ways:
- Request a transfer to an HMBradley Deposit Account for an amount up to the total cash rewards balance at the time you redeem; or
- Request a statement credit to be applied to your Card Account for up to the total cash rewards balance (or outstanding balance on credit card, whichever is lower) at the time you redeem; or
- Request an ACH transfer to an external bank account for the total cash rewards balance at the time you redeem (minimum transfer amount is $25
- You must redeem your cash rewards before you close your Card Account.
- You are responsible for the payment of any taxes on cash rewards.
- When You Will Not Earn Cash Rewards: You will not earn cash rewards if your Card Account is closed, or on any Card Account purchases that are:
- Returned for credit
- Disputed, unauthorized, or fraudulent;
- Purchases of foreign currency, crypto-currency, traveler’s checks, money orders, wire transfers, tax payments, insurance charges, gaming-related (including, without limitation, gambling chips, off-track wagers or lottery ticket transactions), or purchases made using PayPal or other third party payment services.
- You also will not earn cash rewards on Card Account fees and charges (such as late fees and finance charges)
- Value of Rewards: Cash rewards have no cash value until you request and receive a redemption for your eligible cash rewards under section 3 above. You may not assign, transfer, or pledge your cash rewards or boost in your Savings Tier or additional interest earned as a result of a boost in a Savings Tier. Unless we terminate the Rewards Program, cash rewards do not expire. If we terminate the Rewards Program, you will have 60 days to redeem your earned cash rewards.
- Changes and Cancellation: We may change the terms and conditions of this Rewards Program or terminate this Rewards Program at any time and at our discretion. The changes will not affect your eligibility to earn cash rewards before the effective date of the change. We reserve the right to cancel your participation in the Rewards Program, close your Card Account and cause you to forfeit your cash rewards balance without notice in the event of fraud or abuse of the Rewards Program privileges, violation of the terms of the Rewards Program, or patterns suggesting improper use of the Rewards Program. Improper use includes attempting to earn cash rewards by making excessive charges that are outside the scope of usual or customary credit card usage.
- Errors and Adjustments: We may reverse any cash rewards awarded to you in error, regardless of cause, and such a reversal may cause you to have a negative cash rewards balance. If your Card Account is closed with a negative cash rewards balance, we may charge your Card Account for the amount of the cash rewards balance. We assume no liability for any such charges.
- Limited Liability: Unless otherwise required by law, this Rewards Program, or the Card Agreement, neither we nor HMBradley will be liable to you or anyone making a claim on your behalf in connection with: (a) any change or termination of the Rewards Program; (b) any loss, damage, expense or inconvenience caused by any occurrence outside of our control; or (c) any direct, indirect or consequential damages with respect to the use of your Card Account. In any event, any liability that we or HMBradley may have to you in connection with the Rewards Program shall be limited to the amount of any cash rewards you have earned in this Rewards Program. The Rewards Program and cash rewards are void or limited where prohibited or restricted, respectively, by federal, state or local law.