“Can you take the chicken out of the freezer? Also, please pay rent, thanks.”
Enough of the reminder texts. Make rent payments the last thing you and your roommate have to worry about. Open a joint deposit account together and set up this Split Rent Routine for ultimate peace of mind that you won’t miss a rent payment or have to send one more reminder text. Connect your online rent portal to that joint account and you’re smooth sailing.
This Routine is for you if you split rent with a roommate, hate having to remember or be reminded of the 1st of the month, and want more time to focus on things that matter when living with someone else, like who is going to clean the grimy toilet this week.
Split Rent with a Roommate
How to set up this Routine:
- Activate the Routine template
- Select the day of the month that you want to move your funds into the joint account (usually this would be few days before rent is due)
- Select the amount that you owe per month, plus some extra for buffer incase of variable utility costs that may be included
- Select the joint account to which the funds will be transferred to, and from which your rent payments are pulled from
- Select your individual account from which the funds will be transferred from
- Save your Routine
Quick tip: This Routine works best if your online rent portal has auto-pay. You can simply connect the account and routing number of the HMBradley Joint Account to the rent portal.